MScN Admissions Criteria
In considering candidates for the MScN program we will look beyond the minimum academic requirements. Preference will be given to nursing professionals whose academic interests are a good fit with the MScN program and our faculty research programs.
To be eligible for admission to the MScN Program, applicants must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario or registered in another Canadian province, and meet the following minimal admissions requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (or equivalent such as a Bachelor of Nursing degree) from an accredited university program, with a minimum B average in the last two years of study.
- Be a member of CNO, CNA, and carry liability protection with CNPS (Or the equivalent in the province where you reside—Please contact the Department for details).
Online study is an element of all core MScN courses. Students are required to have access to up-to-date computer equipment and internet service. To see how you'd do as an online student, try the Self-Assessment
There will be a week-long on-site Program Orientation for the Program preceding the start of the Fall 2021 term. *Please note: The Orientation is only for those who have been admitted to the program. Attendance is mandatory.
The application deadline for the Programs starting in September 2021 is January 15, 2021.
Visit the Office of Student Financial Services website for current fee schedule.
For any questions related to the application procedure, please contact the department for details.
How to apply
- Online application
- You receive your York University student number/reference number and access to myfile portal 3–4 business days after completing the online application.
- You may upload unofficial transcripts in your myfile account. If admitted to the program applicants are required to submit official transcripts. All official transcripts must come directly from, and bear the unbroken seal of, the issuing institution. If you are a York graduate—no transcript required. York University mailing address.
- Upload your documents online:
- completed supplementary-application-form
- personal statement (please refer to the supplementary application form for details)
- three recommendation letters (please refer to the supplementary application form for details of references and Referee information). Please input correct referee contact information in your MyFile; University will contact them for a reference. Recommendation form will be available within 72 hours after you submit your online-application.
- photocopy of CNO, CNA and CNPS memberships for those residing in Ontario, or equivalent for those residing outside of Ontario.
- English language proficiency test, if required
Please note that the entire application package must be received in your myfile account by the deadline. Please ensure your application package is complete. Your file cannot be reviewed and considered for admission if incomplete.